Ghosts Next Door

Ghosts Next Door
by Lopaka Kapanui

Oct 14, 2016

100 Ghost Stories Counting Down To Halloween! 16 Nights Left! "911 Cemetery"


I ran into an acquaintance at the Bishop Museum who stopped to remind me of the first time we’d met. It was 2007 and I was hosting a ghost tour that stopped at the Mo’ili’il Japanese Cemetery. There was a local Japanese man who was being belligerent and disrespectful. Normally, when something like that happens, it’s a clear indication that the person is either afraid or just stupid; that night, it was the latter. After this man expressed his disinterest in Japanese ghosts, I ignored him and turned to the headstone of a child murderer and began to tell the story.
Suddenly, the local Japanese man’s wife screams, I turn around just in time to see the man fall backwards and hit his head. He was out cold. Everyone on the tour is freaking out because they now believe that the spirits in the graveyard took their revenge on the disbeliever and possessed his body. They were one hundred percent correct. I, as the host of the tour called 911. A very short time later, the EMT show up, the fire department shows up and so do the police with their guns at the ready. I approach all three departments and tell them what happened,

“The guy was being an idiot and then he fainted,”

The tallest of the firefighters asks, “What the hell are you guys doing in this graveyard?”

“It’s a ghost tour and I’m telling ghost stories,” I replied.

The police put their weapons away, and the firefighters gave whatever assistance they could to the EMT.

The whole incident was over within half an hour, luckily I had a good spirited group that night (ha ha) and they agreed that they wanted the tour to continue on.  As for the disrespectful local Japanese man? He was quiet for the rest of the tour and did not say a single word.


No comments:

Post a Comment