Ghosts Next Door

Ghosts Next Door
by Lopaka Kapanui

Oct 21, 2016

100 Ghost Stories Counting Down To Halloween! 9 Nights Left! "Kathy's assumption"

I’m at the point where I’m overwhelmed. I don’t look at it as fame or fortune, I look at it as a way to feed, clothe and house my family. The people are beginning to overwhelm me because I don’t want to be responsible. I want to be blind to their ancestors and recently departed friends who linger around them, I don’t want to hear what they have to say and I don’t want to relay the message. All I do is give them the phone number to someone else that they should call, but without fail, these same people get a hold of me a short time later. Things didn’t work out with the psychic or healer that I recommended; that supposed expert charges three thousand dollars for a thirty-minute session.

My only reply is to wish them well and hope that they find help somewhere or somehow. That was the course of events for a while until a few minutes ago. There’s a voice message on my cell phone,

“Hi, my name is Kathy Asuncion. My son is possessed and I need your help, please call me at this number,”

Deep sigh, anxiety, and stress. I promised that I wouldn’t help anyone and that it wouldn’t matter who it was or what the circumstances were. No exceptions. And yet, here I was, already having regrets as I called the number back

“Hi, I’m returning a call from Kathy?” I said.

“Hi,” Kathy replied. “Thanks for calling, my son is possessed and I need help.”

“How did it happen?” I asked.

“We were at Wal-Mart last night in the checkout line and he began to growl like an animal. Suddenly, this girl walks up and puts Hawaiian salt on my son’s head and she does a chant in Hawaiian and then my son falls into a deep sleep. After that, she told me that there were spirits in the store that wanted to possess his body and that I should leave; so I did. It came back this morning, I don’t know what to do! I don’t know how to get a hold of that girl so I called you,” she said.

“This girl who put the Hawaiian salt on your son’s head,” I asked. “What did she look like?”

“She was dressed like a Catholic school girl, like Sacred Hearts, except she was wearing hello kitty,” Kathy replied. “She looked to be about ten or eleven?”

“Alright,” I answered. “What time was it when your son was possessed? Do you remember?”

“It was about nine in the morning,” she confirmed.

“Meet me at that Wal-Mart and nine tomorrow morning in the same checkout line that you were in okay?” I asked.

“Is there a reason why?” She queried.

“In order for me to help your son, we have to be in the exact same place at the exact same time when the spirits in that store were trying to possess him. Don’t be late,” I hung up after that.

I had another phone call to make. It rang for a while but finally the person I was trying to reach picked up,

“Hi Uncle!” Considering what her skills were, she was always upbeat and enthusiastic.

“Tabby, we have to talk in person. Where can I pick you up?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m at the crack seed shop. I can walk to your house uncle, it’s no problem. You want lemon peel?” She asked.

“Sure,” I said. “But let me come get you, it’s urgent.”

“Okay,” she replied. “See you in a bit,”


….


It was a minute or two before 9 am when I came upon Kathy Asuncion standing just off to the checkout line that she was in the day before. Her son was fast asleep in her arms by the time I walked up to her and extended my greetings.

“Thank you for coming,” she said.

“No worries,” I replied. “So, were you carrying your son like how you are now when he became possessed?”

“No,” she answered. “He was sitting in the cart,”

“Okay,” I said. “One second,”

I had her wait while I ran over and got a shopping cart and brought it back.

“Can you place your son in the cart and stand in the exact same position as yesterday?” I asked.

Kathy did exactly as I asked and assumed the tableau from the morning before. In a flash, I grabbed the little boy from the shopping cart and stepped back a few feet. Before Kathy could even react, Tabby walked up behind her and placed the Hawaiian salt on the top of her head and held it there. She began her chant in Hawaiian and did not move until the chant was completed. Kathy’s body shook violently while a black liquid began to seep out from the pores of her skin. Her body crumbled to the floor and in a short while, she came out of it.

Just like the day before, everyone in Wal-Mart who witnessed the strange event, either ignored it or stood by and watched but did nothing. When she was fully recovered, I sent her and her son back home. Kathy had no idea as to what happened; as far as she was concerned it was still the day before and she felt as if she may have had a temporary loss of memory. At least that’s what I told her.



The day before, I had Tabby join myself and my family for dinner. Afterward, I asked her to recount the events that took place at that Wal-Mart. She was thorough and did what she was supposed to do by exorcising the spirit from Kathy’s son and from the cashier. Tabby didn’t count on the fact that the spirit which she removed from the little boy would end up possessing his mother immediately after. It wasn’t her fault, Tabby was a normal eleven-year-old girl who had to get home and study for an upcoming test at school. She did the best she could on the spur of the moment. We devised a plan to lure the mother back to the store where we could distract her for a quick second. Tabby would be waiting for my signal and swoop in to remove the spirit. It was sent it back to where it’s physical form was disturbed and disrespected when the store was under construction. You see, the spirit was not at fault for possessing the little boy and his mother either. Nor was the spirit at fault for possessing the cashier on that same day. They’re upset and rightfully so. At least that's what we assumed at first.

However, there was a  question that Tabby raised the night before, "What gave it away? How did you know she was possessed?"

"After that woman claimed that her son became possessed again by the same spirit, she said she couldn't figure out how to get a hold of you. So, she said she called me instead, but she never said how she came by my contact information. That's what raised the red flag," I told Tabby.

"Aaaahhhh," she replied. "So, this is why you kinda don't wanna help people anymore, because of stuff like this,"

"Exactly," I replied.






No comments:

Post a Comment