Ghosts Next Door

Ghosts Next Door
by Lopaka Kapanui

Aug 14, 2016

100 Ghost Stories Counting Down To Halloween! 77 Nights Left! "Skateboard Tricks"

He’s there every day and night skating in front of my driveway. I just ignore him and go on washing my car. He keeps doing those stupid tricks, flipping the skateboard over and landing on it with his feet firmly planted. He pretends to be oblivious to anything and anyone, but he knows I’m here, he’s just bothered that I won’t acknowledge him.

“You comin’ outta there anytime soon?” He asks.

“Why is there a fire somewhere?” I return the question with a question, and it grates on him.

“You can’t wash your car forever,” he sighs.

“I can’t, but I CAN wash every little part of it; that could take a while,” I answer.

“Don’t be an asshole; just come out here and take what’s comin’ to ya’” he says.

“Why don’t you come in here and give me whatever’s coming to me?” I say casually.

There’s no response because he can’t come into my garage and do anything. After all, I killed him right in front of my driveway.  Really what I’m cleaning are the remnants of his blood and body parts. I was drunk last night when I came speeding up my street, I didn’t see him coming over the short rise. I struck him that I obliterated him. So, he can wait until hell freezes over; I’m washing my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment